You are here
Costa Rica's Central Pacific coast has become a culinary melting pot, showcasing the best of cuisines from around the world. Fresh ingredients, expert chefs, and a commitment to quality have made the area home to some of the country's best dining experiences.Fortunately for those visiting the Los Sueños Resort and Marina, many of these options are just a stone's throw away. We have compiled a list of our favorite eateries – some of which are within the resort itself, and some of which are just around the corner.
Los Sueños/Playa Herradura restaurants:
Marriott Hotel Restaurants
- Hacienda Kitchen (2630-9000): Full breakfast buffet daily, 6:00 am to 10:00 am.
- Casa del Café & Gift Shop (2630-9213): Coffee shop, sweets, sandwiches, lunch and pastries daily, 24 hours.
- Bar Ocho (2630-9000): Open terrace dining, serving fresh ceviche and a variety of coffee and cocktails. It also features a taco bar. Open daily noon to midnight.
- 18 & Greene at the Club House (2630-9000): Steakhouse, bar, seafood, gluten-free options; open daily noon to 11:00 pm.
- The Sushi Bar (2630-9000) inside the Marriott reception area: Open daily 2:00 pm to 10 p.m.
- Zoe Beachside Restaurant & Lounge (2630-9000): Grill offering American style food, such as hamburgers, sandwiches and salads, open daily, 10:00 am to 6:30/7:00 pm.
At the Marina Village (delivery service available):
- Dolce Vita (2630-4250): Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and pastries, gealtos are made daily. 6:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- The Hook Up (2630-4444): Great option for happy hour and to watch sports on a giant TV screen. Open daily, 6:00 am to 10 pm.
- Lanterna (2630-4111): Steakhouse and best Italian food, including pizza and lasagna. Open daily, 11:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Jimmy T’s Provisions (2637-8636): Pasta salad, guacamole, shrimp cocktail, and gourmet foods, all prepared fresh daily for take out.
- Bambu (2630 4333): Fusion Asian and sushi at the marina. Open daily, 11:00 am to 10 pm.
- Terrace Bar Upstairs at Lanterna (2630-4111): Serves Lanterna menu, features big-screen TVs, and a more relaxed atmosphere. Open daily, 11:00 am to 10:00 pm.
At Herradura Bay- Outside the Gates of Los Sueños, turn right toward the ocean.
- El Pelícano (2637-8910): Beach front location, great lunch specials and waterfront dinner. Open every day from 12:00pm to 10:00pm.
- Soda Iguana Pacific (2637-8884): Good for typical Costa Rican breakfast and lunch. Open Monday through Saturday from 6:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Rancho Manuel (2643-2164): Great Costa Rican typical food and bar. Open daily, 11:00 am until midnight.
- Restaurante Juanita (2637-8073): Beach front location, very local Costa Rican fare, cooks your fresh catch. Open daily, 11:30 am to 10 pm.
- Pizza Hut (2630-4333): Pizza, pasta, and wings, fast food, take out, delivery, eat-in.
- Subway (2637 7370): Subs, eat-in, take out, open daily, 7:00 am to 9 pm.
- North End Pizzeria (2637-7015) Pizza, breakfast burritos, salads. They have a daily lunch menu. Ask about the lunch specials. Will deliver to the resort. 6 am - 8 pm.
- El Hicaco (2643-3226): Highly recommended for groups of friends, or even a romantic dinner for couples. Open daily, 11:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Green Room (2643-4425): Live music every night and great cocktails, craft beers. Open daily, 9:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Caliche’s Wishbone (2643-3406): BEST TUNA POKE in town. Great Mexican and local food and cocktails. Open Thursday through Tuesday, noon to 10:00 pm.
- Lemon Zest (2643-2591): International cuisine and great gourmet food, fresh fish, duck and steak dishes. Open Monday through Saturday, 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- Amancio’s (2643-2373): Good Italian food, pizza and fresh pastas. Run by an italian chef. Open daily, 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- El Tajo (4001-4354): Best place for wood-fired local food with great sunset views. Call the HRG office for directions. Open daily, 10:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Los Amigos Sports Bar (2643-2961): Indoor A/C or patio seating; broadcasting the most popular sporting events and UFC fights. Great burgers, “big-ass” smoothies. A full liquor bar, and over 150 local, craft and import beers in bottles and on draft. Open daily, noon to 10:00 pm.
In Jacó Walk:
Jacó Walk is an open-air plaza full of great restaurants as well as a playground, yoga studio, shops, and fun street fountains for the kids to cool off in.
- Graffiti Restro Café & Wine Bar (2643-1708): Funky, comfortable, bistro-style restaurant. Open daily, 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- Tsunami Sushi (2643-1635): Try their specials and 50% off nights on Wednesdays and Fridays. Open daily, noon to 11:00 pm.
- Puddle Fish Brewery (2643-2724): Jacó’s only brewery, casual dining. Open Monday through Saturday, 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm, and Sundays for bottomless mimosas and Bloody Mary’s for brunch from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Hamburguesía (2643-1763): Fresh gourmet burger ingredients, affordable prices, all coupled with a vast selection of drinks, beers and wines. Open Sunday to Wednesday 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm and Thursday to Saturday 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Via Dell’Amore (2101-5385): Wood fired pizza, homemade pasta, salads and crostini. Check out their specials. Monday is 2x1 select pizza and Tuesday is 2x1 select pasta. Open Monday through Thursday, 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Friday and Saturday, 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm.
- Vida Hermosa (2643-6215): Watch the surfers from the terrace dining overlooking the beach. Open daily, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Backyard Bar (2643-7011): Great for barbecue and the surf contest every Saturday starting at 3:00 pm. Open daily, 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- Bowie’s Point (2643-7013): Casual al fresco dining right in front of the ocean. Open daily, 6:30 am to 10:30 pm.
- Amphitheatre (2630-3000): This amazing Greek amphitheater offers impressive views on the Pacific Ocean and the Rain Forest. A local favorite for sundowners, featuring cocktail specials and a martini bar. The restaurant highlights international cuisine with a local flair and is known for its service, consistency, and quality. Open daily, 7:00 am to 10:00 pm.