11 Jan 2019
Every year millions of tourists visit Costa Rica and every year a percentage of these fall in love with the country and choose it as their second home, their vacation spot or their permanent home, the decision to invest in real estate in Costa Rica is actually a smart and lucrative one, even better than investing in the stock market.
It is common knowledge the investing in international real estate has become a very popular trend in recent years, but, what makes Costa Rica such an attractive option for investing in real estate? Read on, and we will give you 5 reasons why Costa Rica real estate is a better investment than the stock market:
1) Vacation and Investment: Buying real estate in Costa Rica will allow you to have a place to enjoy your vacation with your family and friends while at the same time making money off your house by renting it out when you are not using it. There are, of course, several things to consider, it is important that you choose the right location, an organized community that offers plenty of amenities and security that are attractive for your guests and if you do not have time to oversee and manage your property it is best to find a property management company that can help you with this to avoid any headaches.
2) Costa Rica a popular destination: Costa Rica, offers a number of advantages over other countries which makes it a very popular tourist destination. It is just a short flight from the United States, it has a reputation as an eco-friendly country, it has a stable political system and economy which is a great protection for your investment, a friendly and peaceful country that is usually included among the happiest countries in the world, the most welcoming and one of the best places to retire.
3) Affordable prices: Real estate in Costa Rica in comparison to the United States is quite affordable, a good size property in a beach community such as Los Sueños in the Central Pacific offers many different size homes, condominiums, villas, etc. all of them with luxury details and with access to a large variety of amenities including marina and golf course, for just a portion of what you would pay for a similar home in the United States or Canada.
4) Plenty of tourism alternatives: This Central American country has something for everyone, beautiful beaches ideal for surfing or swimming; incredible lush nature that attracts eco-tourists; it also hosts different international sporting events such as the Ironman 70.3, MTB competition La Ruta, golf, surf and sport fishing tournaments, etc.; medical and wellness tourism are also a big thing in Costa Rica, among other alternatives.
5) Weather: Costa Rica only has two seasons, the dry season and the rainy season, but even during the rainy season the days are usually sunny in the morning hours, which means tourism is a year-round business. If you are managing your property the right way you can rest assured you will have guests the majority of the year and the return of investment is secure.
As you can see, it is not a coincidence that more and more people are investing in real estate in Costa Rica, however, be cautious, it is always necessary to get the right assessment and a professional with experience to help you make the decision of where is the best place in Costa Rica to buy property and that can help you manage your property, we recommend HRGvacations.com, a company with years of experience in handling real estate in this country.