Los Sueños Resort & Marina, beautifully overlooking Herradura Bay in the central Pacific of Costa Rica, is probably as close as you can get to the perfect place to vacation in Costa Rica. Though there are so many eco-adventure activities nearby that you’ll be hard pressed to find some down time, there is also much to do right in the resort; if you do feel like taking a break from all that river rafting, ATVing, hiking, horseback riding, and Zip-lining, you can hang right in Los Sueños for a day and still have an amazing time with the entire gang. Her is our top 10 list of fun things to do in a day at Los Sueños Resort & Marina:
- Part of the fun in staying at Los Sueños is zipping around in a golf cart all day… golf carts are readily available. Just ask your concierge at HRG and we’ll hook you up!
- Prepare an amazing breakfast in the well-equipped gourmet kitchen of your vacation villa or condo; then, enjoy it out on the terrace as you gaze out at the ocean and marina, or across the greens to the forest, and savor a rich cup of Costa Rican coffee.
- Head for a few rounds of golf with the entire family- watch for the iguanas, red lapas, toucans and monkeys that will keep you company during your game.
- Have lunch outdoors at Bamboo Sushi, alongside the marina; or, eat at La Lanterna on the patio in Marina Village. After lunch, take a stroll along the board walk and check out all the amazing boats that are docked in the marina.
- In the early afternoon, head for the exclusive Los Sueños Beach Club. A huge free form swimming pool, with an equally large and shallow “kiddie pool” area, as well as Jacuzzi, the Beach Club is a great place to hang for the afternoon as you enjoy snacks and drinks brought to you at your lounge chair. Between Al Fresco Restaurant, the swim- up bar and attentive beach club wait staff, you won’t be left wanting for great snacks, meals and drinks.
- In the late afternoon, it’s time to head for ice cream cones and sweet treats at La Dulce Vita in the Marina Village. Afterwards, take a stroll around and do a little shopping. At Marina Village, you’ll find an art gallery, a design store, a beach basics and bathing suit shop, Los Sueños wine and spirits, Jimmy T’s gourmet market, souvenir shops and more.
- As the late afternoon gloaming sets in, grab a sunset cruise out of Los Sueños Marina, a great way to enjoy the end of the day with drinks and dolphin watching.
- Not into boating? A really perfect way to wrap up the day is with a nice long massage at either of the two on-site day spas or right in your own luxury condo or vacation villa. Reservations and appointments can be arranged through your concierge.
- After coming in from your sunset cruise, or that wonderful massage, get dressed up (don’t worry, nice shorts and a shirt, or summer dress and sandals will be dressy enough- you’re on vacation!) and head for El Galeon for dinner; its al fresco dining area, amazing food, and exemplary service will leave you feeling pampered.
- After dinner, a quiet evening spent “at home” with the family playing charades or Uno is a great way to spend the evening. Or, if you feel like getting out, a night of drinking, dancing and gaming at one of the local casinos is always lots of fun. Need a sitter for the kids? Not a problem; ask your concierge at HRG and they’ll help arrange someone reliable.
With so much to see and do right inside Los Sueños, you don’t even have to leave the resort; but, you’ll want to. Still, it’s always nice to have a relaxing day right at “home.”