4 Travel Tips For No Stress Travel to Costa Rica
The idea of traveling evokes many feelings in people and traveling to a foreign country like Costa Rica can be exciting and fun, but stressful at the same time. Whether it is for business or pleasure, there is always some level of stress involved when it comes to travel; don’t let it stop you from enjoying your trip, which should be a stress reducer rather than a stress cause.
Here are 5 tips for a safe, stress free trip to Costa Rica that is filled with fun and adventure.
1. Your cellphone service is likely to be expensive when roaming charges are figured in during your trip to Costa Rica. To stay connected while traveling in Costa Rica, check out the various of online services that are available to obtain a cell phone or cell phone SIM card for your personal smart phone while you are travelling.
For further stress reduction around staying connected while traveling in Costa Rica, some like to use a toll free forwarding service. For a very low cost, you can have your own toll free number that will forward to your Costa Rica cell number. A step further even? Forward your local US number to your toll free number service and then those calls will bounce on to Costa Rica.
2. If you plan to be traveling for more than a week, make accommodations for your pets. Your neighbors, friends or family members may assure you that stopping by is not a hassle, but your pets will feel stressed by being essentially alone for so long and you, in turn, will experience stress by worrying about them. Travel stress free by placing your pet in a pet care pet-hotel or with a friend or family member who is willing to petsit for you while you are away.
3. Keep your money in your front pocket when walking around in the capital city of San Jose, or any other town or city in Costa Rica. It is far easier for a pickpocket to snatch money out of your back pocket without you even realizing it. While it is very safe in Costa Rica, as with any other place in the world, it is smart to be aware and travel safe. Having your money in the front gives you more control, especially if you walk with your hands in your pockets.
4. Simplify your packing process; try to pack clothing in only one or two colors and remember to keep it casual. Unless you have a specific event that requires you to dress up, you can feel comfortable knowing that you’ll fit right in by dressing casually pretty much wherever you go.
Costa Rica has fairly temperate weather year around, though it does tend to get much warmer and more humid in the beach areas, and the San Jose Valley can get quite cool in the evenings during Green season.
As was stated in the beginning of this article, stress is always a at least a small factor in travel, for various reasons. You don’t have to let it ruin your trip, instead conquer it by arming yourself with successful travel tips that are sure to make your Costa Rica adventure is safe and worry free.
Share and Enjoy
Latest posts by HRG Vacations & Rentals (see all)
- A Day With The Family at Los Sueños Resort - March 22, 2017
- 8 Reasons Families Love Spring Break at Los Sueños Resort & Marina - March 15, 2017
- Best Sport Fishing Music For the Los Sueños Triple Crown - March 12, 2017