Los Sueños is the Perfect Place for a Romantic Getaway
Ten Tips For A Couple’s Trip To Costa Rica
Guest Post by Jordan R.
My partner and I just got back from one of the most romantic vacations I’ve ever experienced. We love to travel to exotic tropical places and Costa Rica fits that bill to a T. We wanted a vacation that had a comfortable homey feel in an exotic location and found just what we were looking for at Los Sueños Resort and Marina.
It was such a good time that I had to share some tips for those of you who may need help surprising your significant other with a great romantic vacation:
- A great place to stay: Los Sueños Resort and Marina has everything you need to enjoy the perfect stay. Our luxurious 2 bedroom condo overlooked the golf course and enjoyed ocean views. We loved spending time on our private terrace and enjoying the meals we prepared in the condo’s gourmet kitchen.
- Candlelit Dinners: The first night in Costa Rica, I surprised my girl with a candlelit dinner at the resort’s upscale Italian restaurant next to the marina. I arranged for the resort staff to set it all up for us while we went for an evening walk along the marina. We watched the sunset in all its fiery glory and came back to our candlelit dinner surprise.
- Find a unique local experience: We went in search of a local hangout and found ourselves enjoying an afternoon surf tournament at the Backyard Bar and Grill in nearby Playa Hermosa. That’s one of our favorite things to do when we travel. It’s great to experience the culture of the region together.
- Breakfast in bed: Surprise her in the morning with breakfast in bed. The hotel provided an expensive bottle of champagne with our villa and I made mimosas. She loved it!
- Couples Massage: We love to get pampered and the Los Sueños Resort’s world class Sibo Spa did not disappoint. Though HRG offers a couple’s massage service that brings the massage to your villa, I wanted to make a day of it so that we could have lunch, sit in the sauna, get pedicures and have a facial. It was great.
- Take a Horseback Ride: A horseback ride on the beach together was a one of my favorite parts of the trip. There’s something special about a sunset ride on the beach.
- Go fishing: We spent a day on a boat out fishing and we caught Dorado for dinner! The Dorado is a fish that is better known for its name Mahi Mahi. HRG Vacations partners several captains and charter boats for first class sport fishing trips, either half day or full day. We brought the fish back to our condo and I made dinner. It was delicious.
- Do something adventurous: HRG Vacations provides access to an amazing rainforest canopy tour, a sky walking tour and a zip line tour. These are three unique and exciting ways that you can see the rainforest. We took the canopy tour. We rode in a basket through the treetops and saw all kinds of exotic wildlife. The colors, sights, and sounds of the rainforest are amazing!
- Set aside some snuggle time: We packed up a beach blanket, a couple of pillows and a basket full of goodies and wine from Jimmy T’s Provisions in the Marina Village and had a romantic afternoon on a beach called Playa Escondida (Hidden Beach).
- Visit the pool at night alone: This was one of our most romantic moments. The silky black star studded sky above and us surrounded by palm trees. The only light came from the lit pool. It was beautiful. We talked about our relationship and our future and came away feeling more connected than ever.
Share and Enjoy
Latest posts by HRG Vacations & Rentals (see all)
- Big Companies Choose Costa Rica, and Why You Should Too - May 26, 2017
- Costa Rica’s Los Sueños is Perfect for a Long Holiday Weekend - May 19, 2017
- Costa Rica’s Peaceful Paradise: A Soulful Escape - May 11, 2017