Why did I purchase property in Costa Rica?
Why would you purchase investment property in Costa Rica? If you are looking for a place to purchase investment property, a more accurate question would be, why wouldn’t you? Costa Rica is such a beautiful place. It is one of the last vestiges of natural beauty in our world. I’ll give you the reasons that I purchased property here as well as some of the perks that I discovered while in the process of looking for property:
- Natural Beauty
- Quality of Life
- Staying Green
- Efficient, Helpful Real Estate Brokers.
Costa Rica’s natural beauty is truly abundant and breathtaking. From the green mountains that are cloud topped to the sunny sandy beaches, there is an incredible variety of wild life and plant life. This country is well known for the multiple biological environments it is home to.
- Warm, tropical ocean waters that provide a home to many unique fish and marine mammals including dolphin, marlins, swordfish, yellow fin tuna, mahi mahi, roosterfish, grouper, and sailfish.
- Jungle greenery in the rainforest that houses many unique and some nearly extinct animals including monkeys, scarlet macaws, poison dart frogs, glass frogs, wild boar, jaguar, ocelots and tapirs.
- Cloud forests, Mangrove forests, deciduous forest, and Pacific as well as Atlantic coastlines all provide space to a bio diverse population of insects, rodents, birds large and small, and mammals.
I love living in an area that offers me so much to see and learn about. In order to live in an area that is so rich in environment may seem like an expensive place to live. Not so at all. Thought its true that the costs of living in Costa Rica have increased somewhat, it is still substantially lower than in the United States and I have found that the value living in this amazing country goes well beyond the monetary.
- The quality of air here is amazing. You won’t find cities draped in dirty layers of smog as you would in other countries. Costa Rica’s massive amounts of forests and greenery make the air clear and tantalizing. The quality of life here is part of the value of the land.
- The Costa Rican government has created a way to keep the air clean and preserve the biodiversity by adding a five percent tax to gasoline purchases. This revenue provides a way to pay people who live here to grow more trees to replace those being cut down in deforestation. What a way to make a living! This adds great value to my experience of living in Costa Rica.
Another reason I chose to purchase property in Costa Rica is that the country is committed to staying green. Its electricity usage is governed and billed by the government. They charge for electricity on a sliding scale according to how much electricity that you use. Those who do not use much do not pay much. Those who use more pay more per watt. This has allowed them to purchase equipment that makes their electricity 100% from renewable sources like hydro, geothermal and solar. Just 30 years ago, Costa Rica made just 50% of its electricity from renewable sources. I value staying green, and who would have thought that it was possible for an entire country to do so?!
One of the perks that I discovered after beginning my search for real estate in Costa Rica is that there are wonderfully efficient and helpful real estate brokers here looking to give you the most high quality experience possible. I went with HRG real estate. HRG stands for Hardy Real Estate Group. Mike Hardy is the founder, and his many years of experience benefitted me greatly. He found just the right property for me. I am so happy with my decision to purchase property in Costa Rica.
Share and Enjoy
Latest posts by HRG Vacations & Rentals (see all)
- Costa Rica’s Los Sueños is Perfect for a Long Holiday Weekend - May 19, 2017
- Costa Rica’s Peaceful Paradise: A Soulful Escape - May 11, 2017
- 6 Awesome Things About Costa Rica - May 4, 2017