Valentine’s Day is right around the corner; why not start planning now?
With February still a month away, it may seem much too early to think about a Valentine’s day get-away to Los Sueños Resort and Marina. However, it falls smack in the middle of Costa Rica’s high season and early booking is essential for a successful romantic vacation. As a master-planned community, Los Sueños is a tropical paradise perched on the crystalline blue waters of the Pacific coast set against the backdrop of a tropical rainforest. Los Sueños, literally meaning dreams, is the perfect setting for romance as you drift through magical days and nights. For your Valentine’s Day treat, try Sibö Rainforest Spa and Retreat where the private rooms overlooking exotic gardens provide an intimate atmosphere for a couple’s massage. Take an extra half hour for an indulgent shower or a soak in a tub for two. The resort’s private Beach Club features shade palapas on an elevated, white sand beach overlooking the Marina and Herradura Bay. Other amenities for a languorous day in the sun include pool, Jacuzzi, shower and changing facilities, expansive decks, fountains and a swim-up bar. Finish off a perfect day by booking a private chef for your intimate candlelight dinner for two on the terrace of your luxury Los Sueños condo for complete privacy will make it an evening to remember. For a livelier evening, try any of the resort restaurants for excellent food, soft lights and music, warm tropical breezes and exemplary service. Throughout your stay at Los Sueños Resort, there are plenty of outdoor activities for two to keep you busy.
- Kayak along the coastline to stunning Playa Agujas; you’ll find the scenery is fabulous.
- Try a guided trip to Damas Island and the surrounding mangroves.
- A walk or horseback ride through the resort’s rainforest reserve leads to spectacular waterfalls where you can enjoy a quick dip. Keep a sharp eye out for the colorful flora and fauna you’ll meet along the way.
- Tours depart from Puntarenas and from Los Sueños Marina for Tortuga Island in the Gulf of Nicoya every day. This is a must do excursion, full with snorkeling, sunbathing and lunch.
- Other sea worthy adventures offer diving, snorkeling and sportfishing trips for an up close and personal look at an astonishing assortment of marine life.
- Sunset cruises on Herradura Bay serve cocktails and bocas while you enjoy the scenery and the blazing colors of sunset over the Pacific.
- Enjoy a round of golf on the 18 hole championship golf course designed by Ted Robinson.
- River rafting is a thrill and always enjoyed by all.
- Zip line canopy tours get you up close and personal with the tree tops and their inhabitants.
- Sundowner cocktails at the Terrace Lounge or The Hookup in the Marina Village make a great start to a night out, followed by a great meal at any of the resort restaurants or one of the many in Jaco Beach.
The concierge team at HRG Vacations has the local knowledge and connections to tailor your Valentine’s visit to Los Sueños; all you have to do is ask.
Latest posts by HRG Vacations & Rentals (see all)
- Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica - December 14, 2017
- 8 Reasons Families Love Spring Break at Los Sueños Resort & Marina - December 11, 2017
- Costa Rica Waterfalls - December 7, 2017