Leg III of the 2016 Los Sueños Triple Crown begins this week!
With just days to go before the start of the last leg of Los Sueños’ third annual Triple Crown tournament on March 30, captains and anglers are readying their gear. After a record shattering catch in Leg II—2,754 billfish—it’s anyone’s guess as to which team will reel in the 2016 Triple Crown on April 2.
Current standings (combined totals for Legs I & II) put five boats in a very competitive contest. Only 19 sailfish separate first and fifth places, mix in a few more marline and times and the top prize is up for grabs.
• Agitator, 16,300 points (163 sails, no marlin)
• Sea Angel, 15,800 points (153 sails, 1 marlin)
• Fish Tank, 15,300 points (153 sails, no marlin)
• Tranquilo, 15,000 points (135 sails, 3 marlin)
• Tijereta, 14,400 points (144 sails, no marlin)
Jaruco, Dragin Fly, Pelese, Spanish Fly, Alpha Bravo and Southern Pride round out the top 10 boats at the end of the second leg of the tournament.
Agitator, a 51’ Scarborough, took second place in Leg I. The team’s first place finish in Leg II positions them for a great finish, but doesn’t count out anyone on the leader board. Pelese, a 60’ Spencer captained by John Lagrone, has had an excellent tournament, as have Jaruco, Dragin Fly, Spanish Fly, Alpha Bravo and Southern Pride. All of them are in contention for Leg III’s Triple Crown Showdown, especially if the marlin are biting again.
Tranquilo and Agitator, winners of Leg I and II respectively are already eligible for the 2016 Offshore World Championship. Which team will join them in qualifying? Stay tuned to Los Sueños’ live tournament broadcast or check the scoreboard for the latest news.
Share and Enjoy
Latest posts by HRG Vacations & Rentals (see all)
- Owning a Piece of Paradise: The Benefits of Buying a Vacation Home in Los Sueños Costa Rica - February 16, 2017
- Spring Break 2017 at Los Sueños Resort - February 10, 2017
- 6 Romantic Things To Do During Your Valentine’s Day Escape at Los Sueños Resort - February 4, 2017