New, low cost flights to Costa Rica from Spirit Airlines, Alaska Airlines, and South West
Whether you’re booking a flight for that end of summer vacation, the holiday season, or even the first few months of 2016, it’s now easier than ever to get to Costa Rica nonstop.
As the demand for travel to Costa Rica increases, the need for more international flights to Liberia and San Jose are increasing as well. Many international airlines are continuing to offer new flights and more routes to Costa Rica, demonstrating Costa Rica’s efforts to continue to increase tourism from major international markets.
Now, Spirit Airlines, Alaska Airlines, and South West Airlines are all offering new daily, and weekly, nonstop flights from major U.S. hubs.
Spirit Airlines started offering four new weekly flights between Houston and Costa Rica on May 28, 2015. Flights run between Costa Rica’s Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) and Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). “The airline’s rates are, on average, up to 40 percent lower than those of other companies,” says Irisaida Méndez, the carrier’s public relations manager.
Spirit initially launched daily flights to Costa Rica from Fort Lauderdale, Florida in April 2007 and the company opened a reservations center in Costa Rica in 2009 as tourism in Costa Rica continued to rise.
Alaska Airlines has also announced new nonstop flights to San Jose and Liberia Costa Rica, 4 days a week to each, respectively, out of LAX.
- Beginning October 31, 2015 Alaska will serve Los Angeles (Lax)- San Jose (SJO): Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
- Beginning November 1, 2015 Alaska will serve Los Angeles (Lax) – Liberia (LIR): Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
South West Airlines
Now an additional flight options have been added, and it will be the second route offered by Southwest with direct flights from both BWI Marshall and Houston, to Costa Rica.
“As Southwest continues its international expansion at BWI Marshall, our passengers are enjoying new flight opportunities,” said Paul J. Wiedefeld, Chief Executive Officer for BWI Marshall Airport. “We look forward to connecting our customers to more international cities.”
- Beginning October 15, 2015 South West will do one daily nonstop flight from Houston (IAH) to San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO).
- November 1, 2015 onedaily nonstop from BWI Intenrational to Liberia and one from Houston to Liberia.
Latest posts by HRG Vacations & Rentals (see all)
- Costa Rica is the Perfect, Kid-Friendly, Family Vacation - July 21, 2017
- Holidays in Los Sueños, Costa Rica: It’s Time to Plan - July 13, 2017
- Animal Conservation and Costa Rica - July 8, 2017