We love these cool travel gadgets for vacationing in Costa Rica
Staying connected and secure during your Costa Rica vacation is easier than ever with these cool gadgets and gizmos from the makers of tech and travel gear. Here are a few of our favorites.
- If you’re visiting Costa Rica during the green season, the AMPL SmartBag may be just the ticket at the airport. The water-resistant backpack has a hidden charger that when plugged in can charge seven devices via USB—all at the same time. It will charge a Smartphone before needing to recharge. With extra modular batteries, and complete with an app for that, you can manage which device is charging and which has priority.
- Smartwatches tend to be instantly visible; however, the Guess Connect attracts far less attention. Its watch face connects to your phone via Bluetooth and a small LED strip displays texts, interfaces with Siri or Google, as well as make and receive by voice. A similar device, goTenna, a pocket-sized 2-way radio, pairs with smartphones to keep Android or iOS devices connected within a 50-mile radius (depending on conditions) without cell service.
- In most cases, Costa Rica’s water is completely potable (and most certainly in Los Sueños Resort), but questionable water has ruined many a vacation in many places in the world. If you’re concerned, or just one of those with an extra sensitive system, take precautions when you’re visiting more remote locations throughout the country. CamelBak All Clear purifies most tap or clear natural water sources in 60 seconds. The 0.75-liter bottle has rechargeable lithium ion batteries and uses UV light to neutralize viruses and bacteria. SteriPens are another option, with no tables or plug-ins, a pen in a glass or bottle makes 16 ounces of water safe in about 48 seconds. It’s especially effective against cryptosporidium, a common cause of stomach problems. The Vapur MicroFilter set, another water filtration system, effectively removes practically all water borne bacteria—for instance, salmonella, cholera and E. coli—and protozoa, such as cryptosporidium and giardia.
- The best advice for beachgoers anywhere in the world is to never leave valuables in the car (even if it is locked) and never leave your stuff unattended on the beach. The problem is what to do when everyone wants to be in the water at the same time. Stash Sandals have a nifty little mobile safe in the soles, big enough for cash, cards and keys. The sandals are comfortable enough to wear while keeping your stuff secure.
- During a rainstorm or while hiking through the cloud forest on a day trip, Puddleton’s Packable Rain Boots will keep your feet dry. Far more fashionable than standard Wellies, they come in an assortment of colors and patterns. They also fold up to take leave more room in your suitcase.
A vacation in Costa Rica is an adventure; these great little travel gadgets will help make it a great one.
Share and Enjoy
Latest posts by HRG Vacations & Rentals (see all)
- A Day With The Family at Los Sueños Resort - March 22, 2017
- 8 Reasons Families Love Spring Break at Los Sueños Resort & Marina - March 15, 2017
- Best Sport Fishing Music For the Los Sueños Triple Crown - March 12, 2017