Exciting News in From the XIII Flor de Cana Tournament (August 14- 16th)
Fishing report by Sharon Mora
The Flor de Cana is well known as one of most fun tournaments in the area. And this edition broke all records as there were 616 fish released; average of 38.5 fish released per boat that participated.
Some of our friends and boats of Los Sueños Marina participated and did an awesome job. In fact, teams from Los Sueños came in to place in the top 4 winning boats.
Here are the results of this tournament:
- 1st XTA-SEA 78 SAILS
- 2nd Sea Angel 62 sails 1 Blue Marlin
- 3rd Rum Runner 52 sails 1 Blue Marlin
- 4th Pelese 55 sails
- 5th Tranquilo 55 sails
- 6th Spirit of Mukul 46 sails and 1 Blue Marlin
- 7th Capt. Hook 40 sails and 1 Blue Marlin
- 8TH Finest Kind 38 sails
- 9th Fortuna 34 sails
- 10th Monique 33 sails
- 11th Mis Peanuts 25 sails and 1 Blue Marilin
- 12th Rumline 30 sails
- 13th Showtime 27 sails
- 14th Big Sugar 15 sails
- 15th Guanaco 10 sails
- 16th El Caba III 6 sails..
I want to give a special shout out and big congratulations to Captain John LaGrone , and Anglers : Emilio Munkel, Alexis Chamorro and Julio Chamorro from The XTA- SEA as they released 78 sail fish for a total of 7,800, wining the first place of the tournament. Well done guys!
Also I am very happy and proud to announce that the SEA ANGEL Fishing Team took the second place. As always, Captain BC Angel did a great job along with his team Greg Angel, Austin Angel and Andrea Hoke. They 62 sails and 1 Blue Marlin during the 3 days of fishing
Last but certainly not least, congratulations to Johnnie Bankston from PELESE for taking the prize for best angler of the tournament.
Great job, everyone; tight lines! We are looking forward to seeing a repeat performance in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!
Latest posts by HRG Vacations & Rentals (see all)
- Costa Rica is the Perfect, Kid-Friendly, Family Vacation - July 21, 2017
- Holidays in Los Sueños, Costa Rica: It’s Time to Plan - July 13, 2017
- Animal Conservation and Costa Rica - July 8, 2017